- Applications for Cambridge English exam courses for September 2023 will re-open in May 2023.
- If you wish to practise your English in the meantime, please apply for a non accredited English class here. Click HERE to apply, apply under ESOL.
- Please note: All applicants are assessed and placed on a course suitable for their learning needs.
The aim of this course is to prepare learners for the B2 First (First Certificate in English) exam at the intermediate level which they will take at the end of the course.
After students pass the B2 First Exam they will receive the internationally recognised Cambridge certificate stating that their English language is at the B2 level (intermediate). This will enable them to apply for courses or jobs which require such a certificate from people whose first language is not English.
Applicants should have a very good command of conversational and written English at the pre-intermediate level. They are assessed prior to placement on this course. Suitable candidates should be able to express themselves freely and fluently on a range of topics.
B2 First Cambridge certificate
This course will be:
Part Time (twice a week) – morning
Part Time (once a week) – evening
This course is funded under BTEI funding. In order to be eligible for free classes, applicants must be:
· An Early School leaver, and/or
· In receipt of a Social Welfare Payment, and/or
· A holder of a GP or Medical Card, and/or
· Signing up for credits.
This course takes place in Balbriggan and Swords.